Welcome to Our Website
If you are visiting for the first time, we hope you find it useful. The Society exists to meet the professional development needs of education consultants and to help those looking for an education consultant find exactly the right person to meet their needs. Both strands of our work are underpinned by the SEC Quality Assurance Service.
Quality Assurance Service
SEC - SUPPORTING A PROFESSION WITH INTEGRITY AND QUALITY
In the education market of the 21st century, SEC believes it is important for consultants and their clients have access to a shared Quality Assurance service that is:
- Mutually beneficial;
- Cost effective;
- Instrumental in sustaining professional quality and currency
SEC Quality Assurance processes have a fundamental strength as they are specifically designed to reflect and uphold the Core Principles and Values of our Members’ Code of Practice. pre-eminent in its field, honed from over 25 years of application.
The SEC Quality Assurance Service is designed to be mutually beneficial for both consultant and client.
- SEC accredited consultants, by subscribing to the Quality Assurance of their service, demonstrate a sustained professional commitment to our SEC Code of Practice and the inherent high quality of their work for clients.
- For clients, choosing an SEC Accredited consultant means quantitative and qualitative verification of the quality of service provided by the SEC Accredited consultant against clear and transparent professional standards.
Looking for a Consultant to Help You?
If you are looking for a Consultant, you can use our website in two ways.
Find A Consultant Yourself
Search our member database to find the right consultant to match your requirements.
Advertise Your Opportunity
If you would prefer, we can circulate your request for help to all our members who can reply to you direct if they feel appropriate. If you commission one of our consultants we will ask you to participate in the Quality Assurance Service to provide feedback on their work for you.
What clients say about SEC consultants and services
- David has taken care to understand the school and its culture. - He has provided us with very high quality evaluation of how we are performing and improving as a school, in a way which helps leaders and teachers to understand what is working well and how to improve further.
- David Birch
- I found that Tim was very experienced and knowledgeable in the consultancy he was delivering. He listened carefully to the context and needs of the schools - asking astute questions. This meant he was able to work with us to craft ideas, solutions and recommendations suitable for the school.
- Tim Blanchard
- Patricia's work here has been exemplary. She has worked within tight budgetary constraints to be a shining advocate of the rights of our ALS students at college. As a result, learners now receive the support they need and this has allowed them to make excellent academic progress.
- Patricia Chapman
- SEC were very helpful
- The quality of planning and coaching was excellent... this gave me the opportunity to see how questions were worded and an insight on mark allocation. The consultant gave encouraging and positive feedback. The learning environment is superb.
- Hassan Conteh
- The SEC representative was outstanding
- The training provided and the support given were of excellent quality. I felt supported every step of the way and if I had a problem or query it was dealt with rapidly.. Easy to contact, quick at responding, outstanding support and a great understanding of pressure in FE colleges.
- Pat Sang
- The wealth of knowledge and experience Bob Cook has brought to our meetings is invaluable... the level of support I have received has been first class.
- Bob Cook
- We are grateful for your positive and important contribution to our work.
- Christine Pollitt
- You played an important role where your coaching skills were valued by colleagues.
- Christine Pollitt
Looking To Become a Member Of The SEC?
If you are an education consultant, and subscribe to our Code of Practice, membership of the SEC can bring you a number of important benefits - in two forms:
Standard and Accredited.